Tuesday, January 10, 2012

summertime

and the living is easy.... 


On the National Radio afternoons summer show, titled Matineer Idol, they have been playing different versions of "summertime". It's the last song of the day just before 5pm and I don't know about you but at that time of the day I'm busy in the kitchen being the domestic goddess that I am. 


I've always loved this song. It's an aria composed by George Gershwin for the 1935 opera Porgy and Bess (Yes I know you've learnt something today haven't you). While I was living in South Africa I went to a big Opera production of Porgy and Bess. So now I REALLY love this song as it also brings back memories. Do you have songs like that? I like this version: 



.... well the living was easy until one parent (the man about the house) returned to work and one parent about the house isn't so easy (as lots of you will know). We'll get back into the swing of things but can you hear my big deep breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...